As 2019 draws to a close, you are more than likely preparing for a well-deserved break right now. This time of the year is the perfect opportunity to reflect on your achievements and plan ahead for 2020.
You might be asking yourself…
- How should your training programmes perform next year?
- What results do you want to achieve?
- What could you do better?
One challenge that many HR and L&D professionals face in achieving their training results is to get employees to sign up for training. Even if it would clearly benefit your staff, this can be difficult.
Why employees don’t sign up for training
When you notice that your training programmes aren’t getting any traction with your employees, one of these reasons is likely involved:
- They don’t have the time to attend training because they are too busy with day-to-day tasks.
- They don’t understand why they should attend this training and how it would benefit them.
- They don’t know what training is available to them.
You can solve two of these issues with a marketing strategy around your training programmes. Keep in mind that it’s not sufficient to send out one announcement when a new training goes live. We have some ideas about what else you can do.
4 tips for getting your employees to “buy” your training programmes
The first step is to adopt a new perspective in the new year: Your training programmes are products and your employees, the customers. Think about what would make your employees “buy” your training programmes.
Our four tips will help you get started:
- Include information on training programmes in your onboarding material so that new employees are exposed to them right from the start.
- Promote your training programmes consistently. You can involve your marketing department to develop a communications plan.
- Communicate how the training will benefit the employee, how it will improve his/her skills and knowledge for their next career steps.
- Involve management to make your training programmes a priority for next year.
Now, go after your 2020 training goals!
In addition to marketing your training, the key to achieving your training goals is to offer the right programmes that’ll take your employees’ skills to the next level. Take a look at our solutions below.
Help your people to make an impact with persuasive presentations and clear communication. Our suite of training solutions closes fundamental gaps in junior staff, brings advanced interventions to high-potentials and senior managers – and can include personalised coaching.
Increase your training impact, prove training results and experience sustainable behaviour change with the help of proven methodology and award-winning technology. Our blended learning solution transfers training from the classroom to the workplace.