Admin (Office & Training Programmes) & HR
Salary Scale (monthly): RM3,500 – RM5,000
Based at: Taman Desa, Kuala Lumpur
People Potential is hiring!
We are a regional Learning & Development consultancy based in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Over the years we have worked with multinational corporations (including several dozen on the Fortune 500 list) in 20 countries spread across five continents. Learn more at www.peoplepotential.com.
We are looking for a new team member to join us as Admin (Office & Training Programmes) & HR.
Details of the role as below:
- Programmes Administration (e.g. liaise with suppliers/trainers/clients, assist in development of programme materials, prepare and pack training materials)
- Office Administration (e.g. manage inventory/mini library, office upkeep, source materials/suppliers, organise meetings, open and/or close office)
- Human Resources (e.g. manage recruitment drives/employment contracts/leave records)
- For candidates with relevant skills, may include Information Technology basic trouble-shooting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Malaysian citizen or holds relevant residence status
- Degree holder (in any field) preferred but not absolutely necessary
- Min 3 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Good communication skills (English, written/verbal)
- Good organising skills and able to create and work with checklists
- Good planning skills (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate with a range of stakeholders including external suppliers
- Able to receive and apply constructive feedback
Applying to join us:
- Fill in our application form
- Send us a 1-2 minute video (mobile phone quality is adequate) of yourself. We’d like to hear your views on the following two questions:
- What I don’t like about policies, peers and bosses in my previous jobs?
- What is my ideal job and company?
Please do not send us your resume - save that for the Individual Interview phase.
If you have any questions, email us at [email protected].
The support staff who fits well in our firm:
- Mixes easily with people of diverse backgrounds
- Is resourceful (i.e. does not need high maintenance)
- Is fluent in their core work, and does not need much supervision
- Is willing to be supervised if their competency is low in a particular area, or if the item at hand is critical to the organisation
- Follows company SOPs
Some of our people-centred practices:
- 5-day week with flexi-time and work-from-home options. We also have 'reduced-hours full-timers' option for staff who cannot commit to a 40-hour week.
- No medical certificate is required for short-duration sick leave.
- Types of leave: Annual, maternity, paternity, community service, spiritual retreat, study and celebration leave. Most of such leave is self-determined.
- Office attire is smart casual.
- Everyone on first-name basis.
- Open-book policy: All finances are disclosed, including salaries.
- Whenever possible, we re-design jobs to fit a person's talents and professional goals.
Some complaints we have heard about our practices and policies:
- There sometimes will be work during evenings and weekends if there are urgent programmes to prepare
- There will be lifting of bags up two flights of stairs
- 100% of your time will be spent in the office, at least in the first 6 months
- During crunch times the work-week might stretch to 60 hours or more, resulting in late nights or lost weekends. This can happen several times each quarter.
- New hires sometimes have lots of ideas on how to change things, but many of these are deemed unsuitable by senior management. It can be frustrating.
Learning & Development Specialists
We hire aspiring specialists who are willing to study and facilitate a range of training programmes, find their area of passion, and then craft that passion into international-level expertise. This process typically takes several years and it is not for everyone.
Applying To Join Us
Because international work is demanding, our hiring process for Learning & Development specialists usually includes the following phases:
- Application Form
- Group Interview/Workshop Attendance
- Individual Interview (may include Aptitude Test/s for Writing, Comprehension, and Conceptualising)
- Psychometric tests
- Trainer Demonstration (may require self-study)
- Final Interview
For other positions, the hiring process is less stringent.
Application Form: Download application form here
Please do not send us your resume - save that for the individual interview phase. If you have any questions, email us at [email protected].
College / University Students Are Welcome As Well
To all college/university students!
We are offering temporary work placements for interns and part-timers.
The type of candidate we wish to work with has these qualities:
- May not be experienced, but is open to learning
- Is willing to stretch themselves to gain the most out of their work experience
- Is constantly trying to be better at their work
If you would like to get valuable work experience that will equip you with important skills and values, then follow these steps: