Finance Manager (Full time or Part time: min 20 hrs/week)
Salary Scale (monthly): RM5,000 – RM7,000
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
People Potential is hiring!
We are a regional Learning & Development consultancy based in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Over the years we have worked with multinational corporations (including several dozen on the Fortune 500 list) in 20 countries spread across five continents. Learn more at www.peoplepotential.com.
We are looking for a new team member to join us as a Finance Manager.
Details of the role as below:
- Manage full set of accounts for two companies (Malaysia and Singapore)
- Manage day-to-day financial operations (including payroll/HRDF/Com & Ben)
- Liaise with external services (tax preparation/auditing/company secretary/etc)
- Review financial data and prepare reports (weekly/monthly/annual)
- Maintain financial policies/procedures
- Ensure adherence to new financial regulations/legislation
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in accounting/finance/business/economics (or a related field)
- Min 5 years’ experience in a finance role for an SME
- Hands-on knowledge of MYOB with GST
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good English communication skills (written/verbal)
Applying To Join Us:
Please fill in our application form by clicking here.
Please do not send us your resume, we’ll ask for that at another phase.
If you have any questions, email us at [email protected].
The Professional Who Fits Well In Our Firm:
- Works hard to become an expert (includes reading/attending programmes/working with coaches)
- Mixes easily with people of diverse backgrounds
- Is resourceful (i.e. does not need high maintenance)
- Does not need much supervision
Some Of Our People-Centred Practices
- 5-day week with flexi-time and work-from-home options. We also have 'reduced-hours full-timers' for staff who cannot commit to a 40-hour week.
- No medical certificate is required for short-duration sick leave.
- Types of leave: Annual, maternity, paternity, community service, spiritual retreat and study leave. Most of such leave is self-determined.
- Office attire is smart casual.
- Everyone on first-name basis.
- Open-book policy: All finances are disclosed, including salaries.
- Whenever possible, re-design jobs to fit a person's talents and professional goals.
- We decline work with certain industries and allow trainers to decline work on grounds of personal conscience. (Look at our client list to see if you're comfortable working with most of them.)
Some Complaints We Have Heard About Our Practices And Policies
- During crunch times the work-week might stretch to 50 hours or more, resulting in late nights or lost weekends. This can happen several times each quarter.
- New hires sometimes have lots of ideas on how to change things, but many of these are deemed unsuitable by senior management. It can be frustrating.
- Our trainers sometimes have to travel on weekends. Even though such travel is compensated with additional Annual Leave, it can be disruptive to personal weekend commitments.
Learning & Development Specialists
We hire aspiring specialists who are willing to study and facilitate a range of training programmes, find their area of passion, and then craft that passion into international-level expertise. This process typically takes several years and it is not for everyone.
Applying To Join Us
Because international work is demanding, our hiring process for Learning & Development specialists usually includes the following phases:
- Application Form
- Group Interview/Workshop Attendance
- Individual Interview (may include Aptitude Test/s for Writing, Comprehension, and Conceptualising)
- Psychometric tests
- Trainer Demonstration (may require self-study)
- Final Interview
For other positions, the hiring process is less stringent.
Application Form: Download application form here
Please do not send us your resume - save that for the individual interview phase. If you have any questions, email us at [email protected].
College / University Students Are Welcome As Well
To all college/university students!
We are offering temporary work placements for interns and part-timers.
The type of candidate we wish to work with has these qualities:
- May not be experienced, but is open to learning
- Is willing to stretch themselves to gain the most out of their work experience
- Is constantly trying to be better at their work
If you would like to get valuable work experience that will equip you with important skills and values, then follow these steps: